Tuesday, June 17, 2008

First Thoughts On GTA IV

Frustrating.

Now I only played probably a half hour of GTA but I already have a few concerns. Now the graphics look great, totally an improvement. I always thought that the GTA games were good but the graphics have always been more on a cartoony style. This game takes it the more realistic way but still looks like a cartoon more than real. Anyway. My major concern is the camera. Now I have never played GTA on anything but the PS2 so maybe I am just a little jaded but Damn I am having trouble. Now driving itself is different yes but not extremely hard to learn, but my gripe is A) you have to steer your car, B) you have to give your car gas or brake, and C) you have to control the camera while driving, all at the same time. I'm finding this extremely frustrating. Now I did get better over the half hour so I'm hoping the game just has a learning curve and then I will be fine. Even walking around I am having fits with the camera. I feel as if I am always fighting the camera. Now I really hope I'm just doing something wrong or like I said it does have a learning curve, because if it stays the way it is, its to hard to enjoy the game. I'm more annoyed than anything, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has this problem and if its just getting used to the new controls.

Again I probably should have played a little more before I judge but I figured a beginners thoughts would not hurt.

Note: I finally watched Hitman and was a little disappointed. My fiancee really enjoyed it but I just was expecting more. Don't get me wrong, I was totally entertained but I was hoping for more of what I thought the game was. Stealth and disguises. Agent 47 being a quiet person, a cold person I expected. Now I know a movie needs dialogue, but I thought 47 talked to much. Also the script was really bad, corny at times. And a freak and random sword fight was a little out of place I thought. Also I noticed a lot of sound dubbing issues. A few times I saw the actor say one thing but I hear something else. That bugged me. Beforehand I didn't like Timothy Olyphant playing 47 but he really wasn't that bad, I thought someone older would be better but I found myself liking him. The problem again was the script. Not great. But still at the end of the day I'm glad I own it, I love the series and the movie was not terrible.

No comments: