Friday, August 29, 2008

It's The Strangest Thing...

Note: Sixty STOP READING..scroll down to my entry before this one if you didn't read it first.

Ok so we went to the hospital at 11:30 this morning. We spent all day waiting and waiting trying to anticipate when they would call us back. It was going so, SO slow but I knew that once they finally called us back that things would start to snowball and would happen much more quickly. So the reason she needed a C-section is because she was still breached (head up, butt down). The bad part about a C-section is a couple things. First, it leaves a scar, second, its still a surgery, and lastly, its an extra 20 grand to have one.....yea.

Well we waited from 11:30 until about 5 or so and the doctor finally came in. This is finally it right? .....No. He did a final ultrasound to make sure she was still breached and low and behold, she turned. The doctor said it was only the 3rd time in 15 years that a baby had turned within 3 days.

So....they sent us home. Yea, all the stress and agony of waiting and after all that, no baby. No Piper. Well what pissed me off is that I thought they should have given her a ultrasound that morning and then we would not have had to wait all day. Seemed kinda pointless to have had to wait. Anyways. everyone agreed that natural childbirth would be the way to go.

So now we wait, and wait until nature runs its course. So I'm totally deflated. I was so in the zone of expecting that the next time I came home, I would not be alone. But what do ya do? Oh well? So I'll continue to keep ya posted.

2 comments:

Sixty X Celph said...

Looks like you'll have to anxiously await Piper for a little while longer. =P While on the one hand I'm sorry you're disappointed, I'm also glad that she doesn't need a C-section. And it's always nice not to have to tack on another 20K, as well. (o_0) I had no idea it was so expensive.

Really sucks that the doctors had y'all waiting around all day, too. (>_<)

Shepdawg25 said...

Whew, that was close. I was hoping the baby would turn, I read before how much a c-section is compared to a natural child birth.

I think Doctors like to piss people off, haha.