Saturday, March 29, 2008

Movie Review: Pulp Fiction


Alright boys and girls, Pulp Fiction. Quentin Tarantino's first major achievement in film making. I had heard so much about this movie before I finally decided to buy it. Tarantino's style was never a big deal to me. There are 2 reasons I finally made myself buy this movie, one I'm a movie collector, and two...Sin City. I really enjoyed Sin City and after watching it i thought maybe Pulp Fiction was worth a shot. I mean just about everyone had it one there favorite movies list of all time so what the hey.
The movie begins with a couple talking about robbing places and how deranged they are in the way they talk about both each other and their adventures. Two low rate hitmen played by John Travolta and Samuel L. Jackson go to an apartment complex to retrieve a valuable item to their boss. Jackson's character also recites what he claims is a Bible verse, Ezekiel 25:17 before every execution that he performs. Bruce Willis plays a boxer who gets paid off by the hitmens(that a word?) boss to throw his next fight. Willis decides to not throw the fight and bets the money he was paid to actually throw the fight and bets it all on himself. Now he is on the run and is paranoid. He has a great dream where a pocketwatch goes through absolute hell to end up in his hands. Freakin Hilarious.
The movie follows these characters in throughout the movie. Sometimes they interweave together and it gets just a little confusing at times. This movie started off slow with me and honestly Bruce Willis' plotline was my favorite in the movie. The coffee shop scene toward the end was also a great scene. Pulp Fiction was an alright movie to me. I'm glad I own it and all but lets just say its not on my all time favorites movie list. The movie was entertaining at times and slow at other points. I was disappointed mainly because I was just expecting more from what I had heard about it. It has such a cult following and I expected greatness.
Note: If you guys would I'd love to see a favorite's list of yours. Either leave it as a comment or make a small blog on your list. Cya

3 comments:

notafanboy21 said...

thanks for doin my review i have another request tho if u can, can u make a punisher review cause i heard mixed things so please and if u can
btw i did my first review check it out!

Sixty X Celph said...

I agree with you on this, it's a decent movie, but not as fabulous as people would have me believe.

I'll get right on that favorite movies list for ya!

Tiffany48 said...

I haven't seen this movie yet. You did a very good job on your review baby! Keep them coming. I love you.