Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Movie Review: The Sentinel

Ok guys here is a movie that you probably overlooked. If you were lucky enough to have seen it, here is my take on the movie.

Micheal Douglas plays Pete Garrison, a legendary secret service agent who in the past took a bullet for Ronald Reagan. Garrison learns from a former informant that there is a plan to assassinate the now President Ballentine. Garrison is convinced that a Neo-Nazi Aryan Disciple has infiltrated the White House. After a secret service agent is killed, Garrison is framed as the killer. To make matters worse, Garrison is secretly having an affair with the First Lady played by Kim Basinger, and the real killer is using that information to blackmail Garrison. Garrison now has to prove his innocence while he is on the run from his own kind.

Kiefer Sutherland plays as David Breckinridge, a protege' of Garrisons. His new partner Jill Marin (Eva Longoria) begins her job the very day that they start investigating Garrison.

As you progress through the movie you learn of the strained relationship between Garrison and Breckinridge. Another very good part of the movie is that Garrison is a crafty veteran when it comes to the tactics that the secret service uses to try and catch him. He knows all their tricks and knows how they think.

The Sentinel sat on my DVD rack for a couple of years before I decided to give it a try. I was very impressed. The movie was very polished and never forced. The story keeps your attention while your trying to figure out the real mole. Some may figure it out early (I Did) but others may have to wait longer to really decide who the mole is.

So my verdict? Gotta check this one out. If you find it cheap, Buy it. I'm glad to have it in my collection. Very entertaining, especially since I was not expecting it to be good at all.

Note: My next review will be of The Rock with Nicolas Cage. Have you guys seen it? Really don't want to do one on a movie that everyone has seen. Let me know guys.

3 comments:

Sixty X Celph said...

I'd heard of The Sentinel but I never bothered to watch it. I don't even have a good reason, haha. I'll have to check it out now, though.

And, I've see The Rock, but I'd still love to hear your opinion on it, if that counts for anything. (^_^)

Diablo123owns said...

Impressive review man, great job. i might see that movie later in the future. i also posted a new blog if you want to check that out :). great job once again.

Shepdawg25 said...

Looks like I'll be searching for this at Buybacks.