Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Movie Review: Inside Man

Alright guys, Inside Man. Now I found this movie at Gamestop for like 4.99. I had never heard of it and honestly thought it was just another ho hum bank robbery movie. I was dead wrong. Spike Lee did a amazing job in this one.

The movie is about 4 people dressed as painters who hold up a bank in Manhattan. Detective Keith Frazier (Denzel Washington) is a negotiator and has his own skeletons in his closet at the time of the movie. Clive Owen plays Dalton Russell, the leader of the robbers. Owen plays a game of cat and mouse with the police and delays them from doing anything to stop the robbery. The 4 robbers have about 50 hostages and use them in VERY useful ways. Jodie Foster plays Madeliene White, a sort of Mrs. Fix-it to certain situations. She is hired by the owner of the bank to retrieve something hidden in one of the lock boxes inside the bank. So she tries to convince the police to let her in the bank and "resolve" the situation.

This movie really surprised me. It was so smart at times, and even as a viewer it kept me off balance as to what exactly was happening. Clive Owen was very good in Inside Man. The mixture of real time moments mixed with moments in the future keeps you guessing the entire movie. I recommend this movie strongly, especially if you find it for 4.99 like me. you will most likely go into watching this movie expecting one thing, but at the end it completely flip flops on you. Go buy it..and enjoy.

1 comment:

Sixty X Celph said...

I just saw this movie a day or two ago. Was flippin' through the movie channels and it caught my eye.

Excellent review, man, you're really good at doing them. (^_^)